Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Reading & Reading Goals


Hello incoming 8th graders!  I hope that you've spent the summer relaxing, catching some rays, and (of course) diving into many great books!  I cannot wait to meet you all and talk about your summer adventures and ventures through reading.  Once you get your class lists, and if you happen to find your way to this blog before the school year begins, feel free to post a comment on this entry to say hello! :)

I just finished reading Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin (which will be on the list for summer reading for your high school freshman English class - it's a phenomenal story!) - it took me two days and many tissue boxes of kleenex to get through!  If you liked Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why, you'd love Elsewhere.  Up next for me is The Fault in our Stars by John Green.




As 7th graders, you all became familiar with a 20-25 book reading goal for the year.  This year, we've upped it to 30 books (this includes 5 picture/children's books, and any book over 300 pages counts as 2 books). With school beginning in August, we will start recording in our 30 Book Goal Binder any books that you've completed during this month!  Happy reading, and enjoy the last few weeks of summer.

Sincerely,
Miss Tesmer

1 comment:

  1. well my friend is like my model in a way because he helps me in sports like football and basketball and soccer. when i was little in was not really good at any sports i, i would miss every single shot in a row for about 20 minutes. but after a couple a years he taught me everything that he knows about sports because he was on the same team that i said earlier. i dont know what team he is on but he is really good well thats what he said, i dont know if that is true or not, but i will have to go for his word

    well my favorite teacher is Mrs. Tesmer because she teaches us everything about English/Literature. She is going to help us in anything that we have a question o.

    my favorite class was is math because last year i was the best in my class and now i love math because i love to add,divide,and multiply.

    ReplyDelete